Inspired by our pistachio and pretty pink coloured towels, transport yourself to the exotic climes of Morocco with this delicious rose and pistachio rice pudding! A tempting treat, now that the winter chill is approaching.
You will need:
1 cup of uncooked rice
4 cups of your milk of choice
1/4 cup of honey
Tiny pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon rose water
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
Dried rose petals to decorate
1. Combine the milk, honey and a pinch of salt in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the rice and stir, reducing the heat to low and cooking gently for about 20-30 minutes. Stir every few minutes to avoid the milk from catching on the bottom of the pan (If a skin starts to form on top just stir it in).
3. Once the milk has thickened add the Rose water and Vanilla essence Remove from the heat and cool.
4. Add a dash of single cream to make it more luxurious and a little more milk if it thickens too much after cooling.
5. Decorate with the chopped pistachios and rose petals
Enjoy hot or cold!